Decisions
Decisions.
Ssshh... don't tell anyone.
Decisions
work together
to create
a life
of love and happieness
or a life of despair and pain.
My poem of the evening is based on my ability to make some of the best decisions of my life while simultaniously make some of the worst.
It's hard to believe that what I ate 10 years ago contributed to where I am now. It's nearly impossible to believe that after 1 year of overwhelmingly positive decisions, I can not undo the one bad decision a day I made over 10 years ago. It seems good decisions and bad decisions are not equal in value of reward or consequences. Instead, bad decisions give few rewards and frequent consequences while good decisions give fewer rewards and no consequences. That is the paradox of life - making good decisions will not always get me where I want to go, but bad decisions will always get me where I don't want to go.
For instance, going to SHSU - reward: my husband and children, consequence: learning to drink efficiently.
This consequence led to the choice of drinking or paying for a wedding and that choice gave me these - reward: lots of good times, consequence: a mountain of debt and a mindset of debt.
I could go on forever but won't. I'm going to give this one last hurrah. If it doesn't work, I will have no option but to give up.
Ssshh... don't tell anyone.
Decisions
work together
to create
a life
of love and happieness
or a life of despair and pain.
My poem of the evening is based on my ability to make some of the best decisions of my life while simultaniously make some of the worst.
It's hard to believe that what I ate 10 years ago contributed to where I am now. It's nearly impossible to believe that after 1 year of overwhelmingly positive decisions, I can not undo the one bad decision a day I made over 10 years ago. It seems good decisions and bad decisions are not equal in value of reward or consequences. Instead, bad decisions give few rewards and frequent consequences while good decisions give fewer rewards and no consequences. That is the paradox of life - making good decisions will not always get me where I want to go, but bad decisions will always get me where I don't want to go.
For instance, going to SHSU - reward: my husband and children, consequence: learning to drink efficiently.
This consequence led to the choice of drinking or paying for a wedding and that choice gave me these - reward: lots of good times, consequence: a mountain of debt and a mindset of debt.
I could go on forever but won't. I'm going to give this one last hurrah. If it doesn't work, I will have no option but to give up.
Comments