Banana

Five years ago, almost, I became a mother. After 28 hours of fairly teped labor, she was removed from me - her stubborness reared its ugly head early; she refused to leave the comfort of my stomach. Anyway... Before this day, I didn't know what TRUE love was. I thought I understood the word, but I was SO wrong. Being a mother is the most rewarding thing i've ever done. Everyday, she tests my patience, she teaches me awareness, she entertains me, and she loves me unconditionally. For this reason, I dedicate the poem below to her. It's a little cliche, but love poems usually are.

I am her mother,
and she is my daughter.
I gave her breath,
but she gave me life.
I feed her body,
but she feeds my soul.

She loves me,
I love her back.
She teaches me,
I teach her less.
She cries,
I cry more.
She laughes,
I laugh harder.

She is my sun.
She is my moon.
She is my day.
She is my night.
She is my Banana.

Comments

Red Renee said…
Beautiful...and I am amazed you could use the word" banana" is a poem...ha. :-) Can't wait till I get to have a little one....

Popular Posts