Do they see?

Okay, I've decided that this is never going to be an everyday thing for me, never.  I write when I need a way to express myself - what writing has always been to me. 

Today, it's about my place (much like the rest of my musings) in life; however, this time it's focused on friendship and career.  Unfortunately, these two things are coliding in my world.  These are my thoughts as they have been welling up for a few weeks.  It will begin with a poem we did for "fun" in my 11th grade class last week - it's a based on a basic poem form that I mutateed into an original poem.

Noticeable yet unseen,
feigning a swagger of my own,
I feel their gazes.
while I reach for the extraordinary.
I worry about how it looks.
and cry when others cry.

Noticeable yet unseen,
making an effort to join them.
Do they see me
while they talk and laugh?

It is up to me.
I say I understand and I
try to really mean it
with a hope for the future.
Noticeable yet unseen.

After the poem I feel much better so I'm going to leave it at that.  Adios.

Comments

Popular Posts