Perspective

Recently, I have been mopey because I feel wronged by a few.  Having said that, I realize it's about perspective.  From my perspective, I have been wronged.  From theirs, maybe they feel as though I have wronged them.  It's amazing how much perspective dictates our behavior... 

In the midst of this moping, a tragedy struck, very close to home.  And it made me change my perspective, kind of.  I realize that in the long run of things, those wrongs that I have claimed are not that wrong - they hurt then and will continue to hurt because I trusted someone and got burned, but really, in the scheme of things, that's all I've lost is trust.  

So today, I answer my questions with perspective in mind.

What went well?
This week: I had a very good time with the coaches of UIL Academics at Gringo's.  It was fun to hang out with them in a social setting, rather than at work.  My daughter's birthday was celebrated for almost an entire week - she deserves this kind of recognition.  Often, she is overlooked by those closest to her because she is so kind and so very giving.

What could I have done better?
I could have been more forgiving - especially towards the end of the week.  Also, I REALLY need to filter myself more.  I am currently failing at that, and it's going to lead to bad consequences, which I will totally own and deserve.  I also need to let go of bad moments and refuse to allow them to turn my days into bad days.

What do I want to do?
I want to write a book. I want to understand other's perspectives better.  I want to let go... let it all go.  I want to let myself be happy.  


Comments

Popular Posts