#growth

#So, I love hashtags.  I think they are fun.  I have only ever carried one through for very long (an entire year to be exact #findthejoy2016), but i think it's a neat addition to any social media post.  Or text conversation.  Or, in honor of today's blog post, a blog.   A friend of mine catalogs her instagram posts using hashtags - I wish my hashtags were that purposeful.  Today's hashtag is important to me - really important.  Because it makes me so proud of myself, and yesterday I read a chapter of a book (mentioned in previous blog I think) that reminded us to focus on those things of which we are proud.
I have grown in physical fitness (if you have read many of my blogs or plan to, you'll notice this is my most common bragging moment) - in grace, in stamina, in strength, in endurance.  

Grace: about 10 years ago (maybe 9), I literally fell down and tore a shard of bone from my ankle walking.  I say walking, but really, I took TWO STEPS.  One step.  Two... fall.  Ouch, stomach churning pain, three months in a boot.  Now, I can walk in the grass, ride a bike, jump on a box (not a high one), do lunges, etc without falling down.  This is huge in my life.  My hashtag used to be #clumsy but now it's... I can't think of a good hashtag but you get the point.

Stamina: about 10 years ago (maybe 11), I couldn't make it longer than 10 minutes on an elliptical.  I couldn't RUN anywhere (truth be told, I still can't run anywhere, but I can mosey).  I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs, I couldn't walk and talk at the same time.  I couldn't do any of those things without running out of breath.  Now I can do ALL of those things (except run - that's just something I've moved past)!  Today, I went 55 minutes on an elliptical.  I climbed three flights of stairs.  I walked and talked WHILE climbing said stairs.  My hashtag used to be #imoutofbreath but now it's #letsgo

Strength: about 7 years ago, I couldn't lift more than about 20 lbs. (that's a guesstimate because my babies were both 9lbs).  Now, I can bench press 45 lbs.  Deadlift 45 lbs.  Pulldown 65 lbs.  That's all I know right now because I don't have my trainer in front of me telling me what to do or what they're called.  But you get the point.   My hashtag used to be #weak but now it is #stronger.

Endurance (wait.  is this the same thing as stamina?): about 10 years ago, I didn't even know what a burpee was.  I didn't know what a but raise was.  I didn't know what a Turkish get up was.  I refused to do a squat.  I didn't know what a plank was.  Now, I can do 20 burpees in a row (if I have to - I still hate the damn things).  Now, I can do 10 Turkish get ups in a row on both sides.  Now I can do like 40 squats.  I can hold a 60 sec plank.  My hashtag used to be #nomoreplease but now it's #icandoanythingfor5seconds

All this to say: I have grown so much.  I am reveling in this growth tonight.  My physical growth - my mental growth is a whole other blog (there's been a lot of that too).  I have had a lot of help in this area: Piper, Jeremy, Clay, my kids... but tonight, I'm claiming this victory.

#wellswin

Comments

Popular Posts