Been a while

So... I figured out one thing about myself: to be consistent in anything I have to work. I'm not sure why it took me so long to figure it out, but it did. Anyway... I have to work on my writing EVERYDAY!!!

I am going to a writing retreat this summer, and I have the opportunity to have REAL AUTHORS read my work, but I don't have any work. I need to correct this, so that I can take advantage of this very cool opportunity. When I was young (you know, a teenager) I enjoyed, and was good at, writing fiction. Recently, though, I've discovered a love for poetry - Thank you AP Rice Institute. Unfortunately, my poetry is fairly dark. I wonder if that matters. To me, it doesn't, but I don't want these people who read my work to think I'm some freakishly dark "emo" writer.

I have writer's block... come to me muse!!

Comments

Popular Posts