Day Three
I have been working on my physical health for some time. I would say my whole life, but really, it's only been about 5 years (I think).
Before that time, I did weight watchers and quick weight loss and medical weight loss and joined gyms... blah, blah, blah. The whole nine yards. Ultimately though, I was looking for the quick way out. Then I started eating better (I refuse to say right because I still have a long way to go), exercising more often, and holding myself accountable. I made a huge change about 4 years ago that I thought was going to make a drastic difference in my life. I didn't think it would make it easy, but I did think it would be less of a struggle. Sadly, it isn't, and only recently, did I truly accept the cold, hard truth: I have to change the way I think.
I have to make time for me. That's the thinking I need to change; for years, I have been "being healthy" between all the other chaos in my life. I worked out when it was convenient or "cool". I ate healthy unless it was a "bad week" or a "celebration". I had every excuse in the world. But I was wrong... so I have been really working for a year. Sadly, I have not seen the scale move, but I feel better (physically) and my pants fit better. I'm flabby and jiggly and soft. And I don't look as good in my clothes (or naked) as I would like, but I'm making progress. I don't drink soda really. I don't have cake. I have even cut back on the queso and ice cream (this is huge peeps).
Are you wondering what this "day three" business is yet? Teehee. That's next.
The other day (Monday to be exact), I saw a clickbait article on facebook with the headline: She Worked out for 100 Days Straight. I saw it and thought, "I wonder what happened." Then I thought, "I wonder what would happen if I did that. Could I do that?" So, I decided to do that. And today is Day 3.
Day 1 - a "stretch" workout with my trainer. I really thought it was going to be easy, but I was wrong. I still ache from it, which tells me I need to stretch more.
Day 2 - a home workout on Valentine's day while I watched CSI and my hubby took my son to Vovinam. I used the information I gained from my two trainers and a slightly fitness obsessed friend (that's you Piper) to do a fairly intense workout. I hurt at the end, was sweaty, AND my heart was beating pretty fast. Woot.
Day 3 - I haven't done my workout yet, but I am not looking forward to it. Luckily though, I have no excuse because I'm meeting my trainer and two other women. My goal is to make it through the workout without crying or puking. I'm exhausted, haven't eaten much, and really just want to go home and take a bath. But I will prevail. Day 3 WILL happen.
Update:
I'm on Day 5 - It was my first 5 AM working in over a week... and my whole body hurts. So far, I know this: after five days of working out, I hurt all over. And I can't sleep. I honestly don't know if the two are related, but I never seem to be able to sleep when I workout several days in a row which makes it a pattern. Days 6 & 7 are going to be rough because I have a UIL contest on Saturday, and Sunday should be a day of rest and eating and ice cream and sleeping. That's very little time to work in working out. Wish me luck!
Comments