And there it is: true love

Today was a bizarre day, completely bizarre. It started at 4:00 AM to my son screaming (not his norm), then back to sleep, then awake at 9:30 AM. After getting up, I got dressed and had lunch with my fabulous husband. This is where I'm going to take a small moment to dwell - just too good.

Jeremy took me to Irma's Southwest Grill in downtown Houston. We parked a block away (for free parking - Jeremy knows a guy) and walked in the drizzle underneath an umbrella together. Very romantic for me. After arriving, we were seated immediately by a very upbeat young man who offered us some "homemade lemonade." I'm a sucker for lemonade, so I said yes fully expecting to get a version of homemade, that was not really homemade. Little did I know... it really was homemade!!! Truly homemade with lots of different fruit chunks in it. This sounds totally gross, but from a texture person, totally good. Then, another guy asked us if we'd like some guacamole or queso. We chose queso. In the mean time, two salsas were brought to us... neither green, which is my favorite. But both totally awesome!!! The best salsa I've ever had. I mean, really, the best. It wasn't the salsa you get at a chain Mexican restaurant; it was truly handmade and I could tell. Then, our queso came out. It looked typical as well, but SOOOO wasn't. This was a homemade cheese sauce with ground beef (like you make at home with uneven chunks), and tomatoes. We asked for a menu at this point and the waiter said, "We don't have menus, I'm your menu." So he recited the options - nothing on this "menu" is something I'd eat on a regular basis. It had things talapia, Chilean sea bass, shrimp tacos, and crap like that. Then he got to mole chicken.... mole chicken? Never had that before - why not? So I went outside of my box, and had mole chicken with a black bean soup. (for those who don't know - mole is chocolate). It was amazing!!!! Totally amazing!! A side of chocolate I had never expected. To add to that, every time I looked up, someone was refilling my lemonade. This is the best restaurant experience I've had in years... literally. If you ever get a chance, eat here. Eat here ready to shed your rut and try something new.

Then, I went home and took a nap. After the nap, I took John to the ENT where I discovered he has mild to moderate hearing loss and the doctor recommended we get tubes. I had the choice between Friday and April, so we're getting tubes on Friday. Jeremy cooked dinner while I bathed the boy and put him to bed. After dinner, Banana and I made 30+ brownies for her St. Patrick's Day Party (any excuse for a party) while Jeremy did some practicing.

The ups and downs of today have shown me two things: being an adult is stressful and my husband, Jeremy, truly is the most amazing man in the world. And not for the obvious, but because after lunch, he called me fabulous on facebook. And not because he cooked dinner, but that he brought it too me so I didn't have to get up. He did this because he knew I was stressed and trying to make our lives workout and still have grocery money. He did this because he loves me. He truly loves me and tells me everyday. He is the fairytale I dreamed about as a child. He is my knight in shining armor. For over 10 years he has held me when I cried, loved me when even I didn't, made me laugh, made me dinner, cleaned with me, and created my perfect life. I can not hope for more.

I wanted to write a poem about it, but can't seem to get further than the first line... so I'll write it down and continue to come back to change it when I feel inspired.


Almost twelve years gone
Without much awareness at all.
From friendship to love
Without effort to fall.

A glance to the back
during a march around the field
to please an impressive prof.
A quick ride in a car
to retrieve more to eat
for a carnivorous group.
A Spring Break apart
to see old friends
without realizing what it meant.
An Easter of surprises
new tastes in the mouth
and new emotion in the heart.
A drive to Conroe
for fish and chips
to discuss the future.

A valid point.
A hard decision.
A mind made up.

A sleepless night together
talking, listening, and silence
without need to impress.
Days and days of classes
followed by long nights of studying
to get out of college.

Another choice.
The bright road already traveled?
Or the dark one with surprises?

A beautiful dinner
with roses and a ring
to begin our life together.
A year apart;
only weekends together
to discuss our future.

A walk down the aisle.
A quick "I do."
A kiss to seal it.

A week in Disney World
to spend our time alone
without distractions.
A year passing each other
like neighbors rather than spouses
to lay foundations.
Nine months of preperation
to begin a new life
with a beautiful girl.
Three months to move into
the house of our dreams
with the life of our dreams.
Three years of hard work
going it alone
before the damn breaks.
A change of jobs
to give us more time
to build a family.
Two years later
nine more months
and here's the boy.

Fifty or so to go
To continue to fall
From heart to soul
Without much effort at all.

Comments

Piper said…
Awwwww...You two are super cute!
Unknown said…
Crap, I teared up. Not too many people write "erp slop" about their loved one and make me tear up. Your Jeremy is my Patrick so this really rang home. Lucky us.

Popular Posts