On Being Content
I've been mulling over today's topic in my head for a little over a week now.
Content: satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else. This definition was after a long list of definitions on the other version: something that is to be contained.
For most of my life, I was looking forward. To the next part of life. When I'm in high school. When I'm in college. On and on and on. Always looking forward, convinced THAT's when I would be happy. Because I was convinced I didn't have that magical ingredient I needed to be happy.
And I was. But looking forward was not its location. It was inside. Inside of me. I had to let go of "when" and focus on "now."
Now that I do that (as often as possible - because no one is perfect), I am content with the contents of my life, and so... a poem on that.
Content
determines
the level of Content
for so many,
including me.
Until.
Until
we decide
our contents
are all that we want.
Content.
The Girl
who idolizes her
Mother
and loves her often.
Content.
The Boy
who enjoys his
Mother
and loves her obviously.
Content.
The Husband
who supports his
Wife
and loves her unconditionally.
Content.
The Mother
who shames her
Daughter
but loves her unknowingly.
Content.
The Friends
who ignore their
Friend
yet claimingly love her.
Content.
The Goals
that escape their
Owner
yet change her daily.
Content.
The Moments
that envelope their
Owner
yet inspire her wholeheartedly.
Content.
Content
determines
the level of Content
for so many,
including me.
Until.
Until
we decide
our contents
are all that we want.
Content.
Comments